Friday, March 25, 2011

Tweeting the Blog Back to Life


I have officially done what I told myself I wouldn't do.

I've let too much time pass in between my last post and now. It's not that I haven't had anything to write about - it's actually the opposite. I've learned that the longer you hold off writing, the MORE you want to write about during that span of time. And then you just tweak yourself out deciding which topic to choose. And by the time you finally decide, it's too late, you're too tired, and you're distracted by the Speed Marathon on AMC. It happens.

[Fun Speed trivia: the guy who Keanu Reeves steals a car from to chase the bus down in the first Speed is the same guy Jason Patric steals a boat from to chase down Willem Dafoe's hydroplane in Speed 2: Cruise Control. Once again, something you'd probably only pick up on during a Speed marathon.]

So in the interest of feeling "caught up" and under the constraints of time and audience attention-span, I am going to attempt to briefly discuss everything that has been stirring around in my mindsauce over the past few weeks - in 140 characters or less....

NFL Lockout
Thx to sporcle I learned that ALL 32 NFL teams rank in the Top 50 Most Valuable Sports franchises IN THE WORLD.Tot=$33BIL...I mean, C'mon!

NFL Rule Changes (Kickoffs, Replays)
So you're changing the rules for a game that probably won't be played next year? Don't you guys have something better to do? (See above)

Bruins
Chara decapitates Pacioretty. Montreal police set bounty. Recchi calls out Pacioretty's toughness. B's kill Habs 7-0. Moral: Canada sucks.

Red Sox
Pedroia buys a hot dog during a spring training game and goes completely unrecognized...So we have that in common.

Celtics:
Watching the C's during the reg season is like watching Nenad Krstic's hair grow. When do the playoffs start?...

March Madness
Nominations for 1st born son: Jimmer, J'Covan, JaJuan,, E'Twaun, Shabazz...I should make a bracket. There's also these: click.

St. Patty's Day Parade
Nothing says SPD like bagpipes, green beer, 10' unicyclists, Justin Bieber working the sausage stand and pictures of people taking pictures.

The Adjustment Bureau
It's official. Emily Blunt is the ONE.

Charlie Sheen
Mr. Sheen beat out the Tokyo Earthquake for the most searched keyword on Google last week. Another sign of the apocalypse (no pun intended)

Apple Released the iPad 2
Now with stronger cloth lining for those extra tough times of the month!

Phew. I feel much more caught up now....

[Stay tuned for the much-awaited "Glee" post.]

3 comments:

  1. 1. Excuse you, I noticed the car/boat dude thing in the Speed marathon.
    2. I like the pictures of people taking pictures (of people taking picture?).
    3. Excellent capture of Willem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glee post= you admitting you love Glee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excuse me, kudos to Jules for the Speed quirk.

    And Jesse, that day will come when you come into the office holding Patches the day after the Red Sox fail to win a single game the entire 2011 season. In other words, not happenin...

    ReplyDelete