Saturday, April 30, 2011

A Year in the Making

Well, I got my wish...so far.

The Black and Gold mustered up just enough determination and grit to squeak by the much-hated Canadian Dive Team in the first round in seven games - and I was there to witness it. I would say it was the happiest moment of my life so far...but in no way am I satisfied just yet.

As much as I'd like to dwell on the first round and rant about how amazing it was that we finally won a Game 7 for the first time in umpteen-something years, and how it came against a team that not only is the second-most hated team in Boston, but a team that in no way deserved to be on the same ice as the Bruins for the amateur and Sally-esque style of play that they possess...it's time to look forward- to the most hated team in Boston.

It only made sense that the Bruins would be matched up against the Flyers in the second round, right? I mean, I am convinced that there is someone up there scripting all of this. I imagine a round table in the clouds where the hockey gods (along with Steven King and maybe James Cameron) are sitting, brainstorming the best possible storyline for these playoffs...

And why not a story of revenge?

It'll go without saying what happened last year. Needless to say, May 14, 2010 was one of the worst days of my life...Now, a year removed, there is a chance for complete and utter redemption. So yeah, happiest day of my life? It hasn't happened yet. But there is potential...






No comments:

Post a Comment